Environmental Equipment Experts
We are a responsible business, fully committed to doing the right thing for our planet.
We are very fortunate to sit in a unique position in the construction, infrastructure, industrial and events markets between you and our supply chain manufacturers. Our global buying power gives us a great opportunity to collaborate with manufacturers to help shape the next generation of equipment, to help it evolve into as environmentally friendly as current technology will allow.
Eco-suppliers: Developing New Technology
We are the biggest equipment rental company in the world. Every year we invest millions of pounds in new equipment and fleet that produce less particulates, emit less carbon and need less maintenance and servicing. You can check out our environmental products across all of our specialist categories here.
We work very closely in collaboration with our customers and suppliers to develop the next generation of equipment, constantly innovating and improving on today’s technology. You can be reassured that consideration of maintenance and servicing requirements as well as the circular economy, (what happens at the end of a product’s useful life) are a key part of this process, as we believe that true sustainability needs to consider a holistic whole life cycle approach.
Our Environmental Strategy
Our environmental strategy is aligned with the UN Development goals 7, 9, 11 and 13.
Coal 7: Affordable and clean energy – ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - building resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.
Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities – making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
Goal 13: Climate action – taking urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Having eco-machines and solar/electric equipment in our portfolio is just one element of our hugely complex eco-equation. Our strategy is to:
- Operate an environmentally responsible transport and logistic fleet. Over the past two years we have invested over £20m - our current vehicle fleet comprises of 382 HGVs (67% already Euro 6 compliant) and 1,382 LCVs, (50% already Euro 6 compliant).
- Our planned transport replacement plan will ensure that the entire fleet is Euro 6 compliant by mid 2022.
- This allows us to provide national coverage to customers, with key projects allocated dedicated, specially fleeted vehicles and drivers compliant to the project’s requirements. All service centres and personnel fulfilling contracts are all accredited to FORS Gold standard.
- Work hard to further develop our logistics performance using Logistic, our fleet and project delivery management system. We are on the NRMM Register for plant over 37kw, ensuring the correct engine standard (IIIB or IV) will be supplied to your project.
- We offer you eco-site solutions and co-located on-site facilities, to keep equipment and expertise as close to projects as possible, minimising trips to and from our depots to replenish plant and equipment.
- Hire smart energy management systems to you to optimise your energy consumption. We offer eco cabins and welfare units, which can be programmed by our Z Link solution to operate as efficiently as possible.
- Develop our ‘site of the future’ offering . Today we can already build you eco-site solutions, powered and lit by solar and hybrid equipment, operating electric plant and tools.
- Constantly review our estate plan to improve our energy usage, moving to modern, eco fitted premises wherever logistically possible. We already have outstanding environmental credentials in terms of carbon capture per head, and are developing eco sites in central London, midlands and the north to help spread the word and introduce our customers to the sites of the future.
- Investigate alternative energy sources and solutions, to help our industries consider the choices available in moving away from traditional ways of working.
We are always striving to innovate new products for tomorrow. Since 2018 we have hosted annual symposiums to bring together industry, academia and customers. We aim to explore how we can innovate for new technology together, to collaborate to develop new, safer and more sustainable equipment that doesn’t cost the earth.
Towards a Low Carbon Future
Join us on 1 July 2020 as we launch our Sustainability Plan 2025 - Towards a low carbon future
Hydrogen event – October 2019
Battery Power event – October 2018